Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

Prologue

Okay, I know prologues are supposed to be from the point of view of somebody who knows the ending of the story and just wants to be awkward and give it away to the reader, but I have absolutely no idea what's going to happen in the next few years.

Maybe the twenty-something year old me will be one of those sophisticated women who reads books on the meaning of life and watches operas with their fancy grown-up friends, or maybe I'll be one of those wacky "I'm still 15 at heart" women who still gets tipsy after two shots of jager (hehe).

Most blogs or social networking profiles exaggerate stories to portray an idealised version of ourselves, and there's nothing wrong with that; it's just not the truth. Sometimes the bad bits can be hilariously brilliant too. Why do we only ever document the destination, and not the journey?

I guess that's my aim for this blog: I'm going to be honest and tell the sort of tales that I'll be reciting to my grandchildren as they watch me knit ANOTHER jumper, whilst listening to classic FM. I'm not going to tell the sort of tales that are polished and exaggerated to perfection. Because what's not perfect about getting chased across a field by a cow? Or waiting around for a delayed plane and befriending randomers? They're the best kinds of memories.

I guess I chose "adventures" as opposed to "shenanigans" or "random events that I'm gonna blog because blogging's pretty neat." But really it entails any random event that would make entertaining blog material.

Some randomer philosopher once said that we regret the things we don't do more than the things we do do. So I hope this blog can inspire people to live life the way they want to without caring what others think; to act so crazily that you look back and say "back in my day when the earth was round, I [enter random shenanigan here]."

In a matter of hours, my A Levels will finally be over and I'll be off to Paris on Saturday to kick start summer 2K15. Thanks so much for taking the time to read, and happy Thursday!




1 comment:

  1. Your new bolg holds a lot of promise. :)
    Hope you're having (or had) a lovely time in Paris and hope you've taken many photos to post on your new blog.

    ReplyDelete